Wednesday 15 May 2013

The hidden bike

I my granddads old shed behind a old Ferguson tractor and piles of lawnmovers is this the only sight of a bike that have been hidden for 10 years and before that 35 years.
It is a Nimbus, 36. It is one of the first bikes in northern jutland. The bike was brought by a doctor in Hjørring. The history for the next 20 years is unknown but around 1958 the bike was brought by Granddad. He rode the bike for some years and after that bought a car and borrowed the bike to his brother. Around 1966 the bike was parked in the shed for later use.
Around the autumn in 2004 the bike was pulled out of the shed again. My granddad and I used a week taking the bike apart. Within a year and after several vacations spend at my grandparents the bike started and ran. Then it was pulled back in the shed and my granddad does not have the time, money or energy to rebuild the bike. No one knows how this story will end but i hope that the bike will stay in the family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment